In the lead up to Christmas, I’ve decided that it would be fab to host a little Interview Series to showcase a variety of bloggers, small business owners, arts and crafts makers and more. I would love to get as many on board as possible.. are you interested?
To join in on the Blogmas Edit interview series:
- Answer all of the interview questions below and send to email@example.com
- Provide me with a small bio of yourself/your blog, a photo of yourself and a URL link to your blog page which I’ll add to your bio
- Once your interview is published, please share the post via twitter and tag me: @manny_ngo (twitter) – you can also share it on other social media platforms if you like
- If you repost the interview on your blog please credit me with a link back to your interview post. 🙂
All interviews can be found at the bottom of this page.
So, let’s get the ball rolling with my Blogmas interview to share with you all…
My Blogmas interview
1. What’s the best – or worst – Christmas present you’ve ever received?
I don’t think I’ve ever had a really bad present but last year I got a really good vanity bag from my aunt which she filled with lots of beauty products. The only problem was the products weren’t suitable for me ie. foundation wayyy too light, shampoo that was for thinning hair and contained SLS which I don’t use. It wasn’t the worst per se but it just wasn’t well thought out either – even though I know she meant well!
2. Name something about Christmas that most people like, but you hate (or at least dislike).
Until recently, I hated Christmas work parties!
I am not a party fan and would almost prefer to do anything else than go to a party for a Christmas do. Most of the time, out of courtesy, I’d attend but leave early however last year’s Christmas work dinner was enjoyable and this year’s work karaoke night was super fun, I’m warming up to the idea.
3. What holiday movie or special do you watch over and over again?
This year, it’s been The Nutcracker and the Four Realms (2018) – I can’t get enough of it! I love the story, the colours and the cinematic filming. I need to go and see it in the theatre. Also, Klaus (2019) on Netflix if a really fun, light-hearted family animation to watch. The kids and I love it and have been watching it almost every weekend!
Previous years (plus this year), The Polar Express (2004) and The Christmas Carol (2009) has always been on our list.
4. What’s the weirdest/ugliest Christmas decoration you’ve ever owned?
I pick all my decorations so I don’t really have an ugly one but the closest to a weirdest one is the saltdough cookie heart Little Man made for me which I managed to keep for 4 years, until last year when Little Miss decided to break it and then eat it… it wasn’t tasty.
5. What’s your favourite Christmas song?
Mariah Carey’s “All I Want for Christmas” and “White Christmas” by The Drifters – Michael Bublé’s version is also fab.
6. If you could travel to anywhere in the world for Christmas, where would you go?
I think New York would be amazing for the views and the ice skating! However, anywhere with my family by my side is perfect enough! 🙂
7. What’s your least favourite item on your Christmas to-do list?
The preparation! Especially when it comes to tidying the house and preparing the Christmas food! The past two years I’ve gotten away without cooking as we’ve been going to my in-laws instead but this year my dad’s flown over from Vietnam, I’ll have to start the prepping very soon!
8. If someone offered you a gift card to any store you wanted, which one would you choose?
There’s so many stores to choose from! If it’s for myself then maybe H&M or Whittards of Chelsea as I love their teas and hot chocolate collections. For the family, it has to be Next or good old M&S!
9. Would you rather build a snowman, go sledding, have a snowball fight, or stay inside drinking hot cocoa?
Hmm… it’ll probably be building a snowman with the kids but then we’d definitely head inside once it’s finished and celebrate with a hot cocoa. 🙂
10. Name three words that best describe Christmas for you.
Fun. Family. Warm.
The true meaning of Christmas is…
about sharing the goodness of this festive spirit with your friends and family. Eat, drink and be merry!
The Blogmas Edit: an interview with…
S H A R E T H E L O V E !