“Jingle bells, jingle bells
Jingle all the way…”
It’s that time of year again… c h r i s t m a s !
The only one thing that makes our wet Christmas great is all that quality time we get with the kids.
I’m not talking about just being stuck in the house with the hyperactive chipmunks but actual quality time for bonding and doing things together. My terrible two drive me INSANE nearly every day but somehow, at Christmas time it seems to be the only time where we love being together, crafting and making things.
We put up our Christmas tree yesterday and it looks beautiful. I let the kids put up a few of the decorations and did the lights and glass decorations myself. I managed to salvage some of the beautiful glass decorations we had from last year. A LOT were smashed as Ame decided she wanted to play with them and Little Man wanted to do the same.
I’ve decided that doing some Christmassy crafts together would be the way to go this year as the kids are showing more interest in that sort of stuff. I’ve compiled a list of 35 Christmas things to do with the family in Greenwich and around London… in case you run out of ideas!
35 Christmassy things to do
with the family…
- Pick out a Christmas tree together
- Make decorations for your tree
- Design your own wrapping paper
- Make your own wreath
- Make a Christmas stocking
- Make your own advent calendar
- Create something with pom poms… we made pom pom jumpers!
- Decorate your own Christmas cards
- Enjoy a Christmas story together
- Sing Christmas carols
- Devour a box of chocolates together
- Have a movie night in & snuggle under a cosy blanket like this one
- Prepare dinner together
- Bake something delicious – try gingerbread men!
- Do some family yoga Christmas-style!
- Visit Santa’s Grotto
- Watch the Nutcracker at the theatre
- Watch a nativity play
- Go to church
- Burn off some energy at the local park
- Do the Christmas shopping together
- Set a new Christmas tradition and stick to it
- Check out the deers at the Deer park in Greenwich Park
- Go ice-skating outside the Natural History Museum
- Make the best hot chocolate with cream and marshmallows,
or check out the best places for a good hot chocolate in London
- De-clutter the house in time for 2019
- Donate unwanted items to charity
- Buy a dinner for a person in need
- Volunteering with your local community
- Read a book together
- Dedicate an hour to quiet time
- Dance together!
- Visit a Christmas market
- Enter a charity fun run – entries are still open for the London Santa Run (closes Dec 8)
- Last but not least, make memories by taking a group selfie!