On Tuesday 26th July 2016, Cbeebies Nick Butterworth and his alien Q Pootle 5 will be at the Royal Observatory in Greenwich hosting a special event called ‘Holiday to Space with Q Pootle 5‘. The Cbeebies author, producer and illustrator will be performing an interactive story-telling complete with live illustrations and hosting a special craft activity for the children.
On the day
The day will kick off at 10am when all of the children will be watching episodes of the hit Cbeebies series under the starry morning planetarium. Nick Butterworth will then present his interactive show and read from his latest book. The morning is rounded off with a wonderful craft activity for the kids. Visitors will also get the chance to explore Royal Greenwich Observatory’s giant Moon map and craft lunar landers to land on it.
From 12pm to 1pm Nick will be book-signing so make sure you bring along your Q Pootle 5 book (which is what I’m going to do) or purchase one on the day from the Astronomy Centre shop to get a lovely signature from Nick and make the day extra special.
Date for your diary: July 26th 2016
Meet Nick Butterworth and his gang, Q Pootle 5!
I will attending this exclusive Greenwich event to cover the story – hopefully I will remember to SnapChat the day (my SC handle is @greenwichmummy) and I’m sure you’ll see photos on Instagram too. 🙂 Make sure you check out my blog a few days after the 26th for my review.
Tickets are priced at £6.00 (per adult/per child). That makes it £24 for a family of four – not bad at all for a day out in Greenwich. The price of the ticket also includes access to all areas of the Royal Greenwich Observatory including the planetarium which is great. Kids can explore the starry skies after the show.
Who are the Q Pootle 5?
If your kids watch Cbeebies, they’ll probably know who the Q Pootle 5 team are. They are a bunch of friendly aliens living out in space on planet Oki Doki.
Here are the main characters:
- Q Pootle 5 – known as “Pootle” to his space friends. Pootle is a friendly green alien and the main character in the show.
- Oopsy – She is Pootle’s best friend. Oopsy’s pink and lives in an upside-down rocket.
- Eddi – He is a two-headed purple alien. Eddie like to talk to himself a lot and is really shy/timid compared to the others.
- Stella – Stella is yellow and wears pink wellington boots. She lives in a treehouse and loves gardening. When she has spare time, she loves playing her bagpipes.
- Groobie – He is the eldest member of the gang. He is orange with thick purple eyebrows, and can be a bit forgetful. Bud-D is Groobie’s robot; you can see him in the header image at the top of this blog post.
Never seen the show? Click the following link to watch Q Pootle 5 on BBC iPlayer
Who is Nick Butterworth?
Nick is the author, illustrator and executive producer of Q Pootle 5. His children’s books are widely available in bookstores and online. His TV show is aired on BBC’s Cbeebies channel. He has wrote many other fabulous children’s book such as “One snowy night”, “Present for Freddie Small” and “Tiger in the snow”.
If you are looking for a family day out with the kids, come to the Royal Greenwich Observatory on July 26th for this magical event!