This week’s Throwback Thursday goes to the wonderful girly spa trip to The Scarlet Hotel & Eco Spa in Newquay, Cornwall. Blissful and beautiful! It was an amazing two nights we stayed in Newquay and visited this stunning eco-friendly spa. With an naturally-filtered outdoor pool, an outdoor hot tub, beautiful relaxation lounge looking outside, and sleeping pods that hang from the ceiling, cocooning you in warmth and comfort.
We only booked in for spa access so I can’t comment on the treatments or the treatment room but can say that the standard of this hotel spa is one of the best I’ve been to. The decor is beautiful and serene and the relaxation lounge is large enough to accommodate both spa only guests and those booked in for treatments or day packages. There was also a soothing relaxation room with bean bags and low lights which I fell asleep in. I remember being so tired I started snoring in there but there was hardly any other guests apart from us that day so it was like having the spa all to ourselves!
The Scartlet Spa facilities:
- Indoor swimming pool 13m x 4m cleansed by low dosage bromine
- Outdoor barrel cedar sauna
- Steam room
- Cliff top outdoor swimming pool (filtered by reeds)
- Cliff top hot tubs – looking out across the ocean
- Uplifting relaxation area – overlooking the natural pool and out to the ocean beyond Meditation room
- Deep relaxation space, a quiet space with hanging canvas pods to curl up in