This week I have been indulging myself in baking delicious desserts. With daddy’s birthday on Tuesday, I decided to bake him some delicious lemon cupcakes and his favourite lemon creme dessert. I followed the same cupcake recipe that you can find here but added in lemon zest and lemon juice into the mix.
The lemon creme dessert is like a very sweet but citrus clotted cream. It’s deliciously yummy but very sweet so if you are watching the calories, it’s best to avoid this one.
Here’s a photo of the lemon creme I made. It doesn’t look as appealing as the top photo from Bon Appetit but I can promise you that the Lemon Creme is deliciously wonderful. 🙂
Lemon Creme Dessert Recipe
This dessert is very quick and easy to make and follows a similar method to making custard.
Time: prep – 5 mins, cooking – 15 mins, chilling – up to 4 hrs
Serving: 2-3 people
- 400ml double cream
- 125g caster sugar
- x2 lemons (squeezed)
- lemon zest (from the lemons you have squeezed)
- Add the double cream and caster sugar to a saucepan, preferably a heavy-based pan to prevent the cream boiling too fast or burning, and stir continuously on a medium/high heat.
- When the cream looks like it’s almost about to start bubbling, take off the heat or reduce to a very low simmer.
- While stirring, add in the lemon zest then the lemon juice. You will see the cream starts to turn into a thicker consistency.
- Stir a bit more and leave to cool for about 5 mins before spooning or pouring it into the ramekins, glasses, or containers that you wish to use.
- Place in the fridge to cool for 2-4 hours then enjoy it alone, with some langue de chat biscuits, or serve with a berry compote – it’s completely up to you!